Greater Cleveland Area
This position requires analytical testing and analysis of both customer samples and production batch samples to collect data, determine composition, and make recommendations. This position requires the ability to use and maintain analytical equipment and develop testing procedures.
Analytical Chemist Responsibilities
- Use and maintain analytical equipment such as SEM, IC, ICP-OES, HPLC, X-Ray, FTIR and Torque Tension.
- Conduct analytical testing of customer and potential customers’ plating solutions, production batches and resale products.
- Enter analysis testing into system and communicate to customers and prospective customers.
- Work with Sales and Technical team on special projects regarding customer conversions
- Develop new and improve existing analytical methodology.
- Perform routine hull cell testing
- Perform daily salt spray chamber collections and interpret results.
- Perform calibration testing and reporting and routine maintenance on salt spray equipment according to ISO specifications.
- Clean/Maintain laboratory equipment, glassware and surfaces.
- Answer phones and other duties as assigned.
Analytical Chemist Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry is required; A focus in Analytical Chemistry or a Master’s degree in Chemistry is preferred.
- Previous analytical laboratory experience or internship is preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] and Adobe or similar software is required.
- Ability to use computer, copiers, fax machine and scanner is required.
- Strong analytical skills
- Communication skills
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Works well in a team
- Quality of work
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Information (Completion is voluntary)
Individuals seeking employment at Hunter International are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.
Completion of the form is voluntary. Refusal to provide the requested information will not subject you to any adverse treatment. Any information that you do provide will be kept confidential as required by law.
Thank you for your interest in one of our positions! Your application was submitted successfully.
Visit our newsroom for advice to ace your interview!