Pay Rate- $37-42/hr
Hunter International is currently seeking a Biologist to join their team in Cambridge, MA. The Biologist will design and conduct experiments to support the mechanistic and disease biomarker discovery for in vivo models. They will be responsible for planning, coordination and execution of in vivo and ex vivo pharmacology studies in rodent models. The Biologist will be supporting the Inflammation and Immunology research unit that develops therapeutics to treat autoimmune and inflammatory diseases.
- Plan and conduct of in vivo studies in support of Inflammation & Immunology therapeutic portfolio
- Formulation of compounds and administration of drugs and experimental compounds by various routes
- Collection of blood and various tissues
- Scoring of study animals
- Ability to learn and conduct other animal-related techniques
- Ex vivo assays and analysis of animal samples
- Maintaining well-organized records and documentation
- Data entry and analysis
- B.Sc. degree in physiology, pharmacology, or related biological science
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar role.
- Experience working with small laboratory animals, preferably in a biotech or pharmaceutical environment
- Well established hands-on experience with rodent in vivo dosing and handling techniques
- Understanding of immunology or cell biology
- Experience with small animal handling procedures, injections, oral dosing
- Experience in tissue dissection and tissue preparation for histology, RNA, and protein analysis
- Experience in molecular biology techniques such as ELISA, FACS, TLDA and RT-PCR, CBA and Luminex assays
- Experience with animal models of autoimmunity and/or inflammation is desirable
- Good organizational and communication skills, ability to focus attention to details
- A high degree of flexibility, and a willingness and ability to work as a team member
- Weekend work may be required
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Information (Completion is voluntary)
Individuals seeking employment at Hunter International are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.
Completion of the form is voluntary. Refusal to provide the requested information will not subject you to any adverse treatment. Any information that you do provide will be kept confidential as required by law.
Thank you for your interest in one of our positions! Your application was submitted successfully.
Visit our newsroom for advice to ace your interview!