Senior Modeling Engineer
- Work directly with CAD resources to define and build appropriate high-fidelity geometry for simulations
- Assign appropriate boundary conditions and physics models
- Refine the geometry creation process, increase the robustness to parametric changes
- Conduct simulations of the fiberizing process components as necessary utilizing high-end workstations and the HPC cluster
- Develop standard work procedures for automating design sweeps and DOE based simulation runs
- Develop metrics to track key simulation process and activity indices
- Develop Java scrips for automating simulation setup and definition
- Provide concise post processing reports to the design engineers including interpretation results and estimations of error.
- Work with design engineers to optimize bushing and process design.
- Develop experiments and conduct validation of simulation procedures in both lab and factory settings.
- Develop bushing designs and hardware package for the plants-- Designs driven by performance, bushing life, increased thruput, metal savings &/or business reasons
- Work with Support team to troubleshoot/solve problems
- Evaluation of premature failures and inspections
- Support Innovation projects
- Work with plant and support team to gather initial data required for modeling/design work
- Fab shop discussions with “new/unique” design changes
- Project Outlines & Design Reviews work hand-in-hand & should be created prior to design work-- Support team initiates the document and Bushing Engineer reviews prior to sign-off
- Responsible for maintaining Standard Work (SOP’s) documents including for set-up, bushing removal, installation, heat-up, and material specs
- Complete Bushing evaluations “on-site” in collaboration with support team depending on timing/travel/plant experience
- Tracking data – complete “deep dive” in conjunction with troubleshooting specific problems; trial bushings track performance, thruput, tex control, fiber diameter distribution for 2 weeks; complete post analysis to learn from inspections
- Work collaboratively with the Capital Delivery team to rebuild support with bushing designs, hardware package and start-up
- You will have regular customer interaction with different plants. This includes monthly customer calls, preparing agendas for site visits, working closely with each location’s team to confirm agenda for the visit, plan and facilitate review meeting to share findings and identify action plans in collaboration with team. The goal is to establish a true partnership
- Safety observations at plants & lab inspections
- Enter work request for print modification
- Enter work request for lab testing (contamination, filament diameter, etc.…)
- MS in Mechanical, Chemical, or Ceramic Engineering with a concentration in thermal/fluid sciences (or other engineering degree with applicable experience)
- Interpersonal skills to communicate across all layers of the organization, including Sr management, primary workforce and other technical disciplines
- Demonstrated expertise/academic concentration in Computational Fluid Dynamics, specifically StarCCM+, Ansys Fluent, or other general-purpose commercial code.
- Java, or other object-oriented coding experience
- 0-5 years’ experience in a CFD analyst role or thermal/fluid systems design
- Willing to travel up to 10%, some international
- Ability to communicate with and engage employees at all levels of the organization
- Proven problem solver, able to lead a team to define problem, root cause and corrective actions
- Experienced with common office software and able to quickly learn other software tools
- Self-motivated, engaged, and organized
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Information (Completion is voluntary)
Individuals seeking employment at Hunter International are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.
Completion of the form is voluntary. Refusal to provide the requested information will not subject you to any adverse treatment. Any information that you do provide will be kept confidential as required by law.
Thank you for your interest in one of our positions! Your application was submitted successfully.
Visit our newsroom for advice to ace your interview!