Senior Audit Accountant (Cleveland, Canton, Columbus)
Senior Audit Accountant Responsibilities:
- Understands performance expectations and manages own and others work to meet these expectations.
- Has a strong understanding of the firm structure, the people, the services they provide and the firm’s clients.
- Understands and can articulate the firm’s vision and strategies and their contribution to them.
- Understands the business plan and financial performance.
- Aims to achieve and appreciate utilization rate by communicating regularly with In-charges on availability and assignment progress.
- Organizes project activities and ensures tasks are completed within project scope and budget.
- Efficiently delegate work to staff members on the basis of their knowledge and capabilities.
- Performs a detailed review of the team’s work to ensure quality and thoroughness and completion of assignment tasks within agreed timeframes.
- Identifies and seeks opportunities to improve engagement profitability.
- Review with the manager or partner any significant audit findings that raise questions involving accounting principles or statement presentation.
- Total hours goal of 2,305 hours. Total chargeable hours goal of 1,700 hours.
- Has technical competence (degree qualification) and a relevant professional accreditation.
- Refines their skills, knowledge and expertise in industries served.
- Applies technical knowledge and research in formulating client related recommendations.
- Helps to solve complex business problems.
- Develops good consulting skills – develops an understanding of client businesses and uses this knowledge to help diagnose needs/opportunities and suggest solutions.
- Learning and refining project management skills – to plan, manage and deliver quality service on time and within budget.
- Further builds a depth of knowledge and understanding of tools and systems and processes (within their discipline) and their practical application.
- Develops skills in all core competency areas and applies them effectively.
- Follows the firm’s systems and processes and is able to apply them effectively.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Accounting and Finance.
- Must have or be working towards obtaining your CPA license.
- 3 to 5 years of progressive audit experience in public accounting or related field.
- Understands the importance of the sales process.
- Builds external relationships and a network of peers.
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Information (Completion is voluntary)
Individuals seeking employment at Hunter International are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.
Completion of the form is voluntary. Refusal to provide the requested information will not subject you to any adverse treatment. Any information that you do provide will be kept confidential as required by law.
Thank you for your interest in one of our positions! Your application was submitted successfully.
Visit our newsroom for advice to ace your interview!