- Ensure NA Supply Chain speed is maximized across Trade Operations, while meeting US Agency requirements and Import Compliance policy
- Provide operational support to Customs Compliance Officer and Import Operations Team Lead concerning the entry and admissibility of merchandise, its classification, valuation, and the payment of duties and fees assessed or collected by Customs
- Administration of the Import process (data validation, document requirements, execution of import paperwork, reporting)
- Analyze data and metrics pertaining to the import process to identify issues and trends using (ACE, ITRAC, SAP)
- Assist with the expedition of the import process by liaising with regional Import/Export coordinators and other Supply Chain functions
- Assist with coordinating logistics for export/import shipments (ocean, air, land) working closely with Freight forwarders, brokers, Transportation Contract managers and internal stakeholders
- Work with external supply chain partners and government agencies, including but not limited to customs brokers, EPA, USDA, CBP, public warehouses and vendors/suppliers
- Create and maintain process documentation for various business processes
- Support US Duty Drawback process as needed
- Coordinate shipments with Foreign Trade Zone operations
- Develop and maintain Import Standard Operating Procedures including post entry liquidation validation and process audits with US
- Customs reporting as required
- Primary contact for merchandise imported
- Performs other tasks as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree or Higher in Business Administration, Logistics, Manufacturing, International Commerce preferred
- 4+ years experience and knowledgeable in Import, Export, Trade & Compliance, or International Logistics
- Ability to read and write English with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (with emphasis in Excel and Word) and strong computer skills
- SAP knowledge highly desired
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Information (Completion is voluntary)
Individuals seeking employment at Hunter International are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.
Completion of the form is voluntary. Refusal to provide the requested information will not subject you to any adverse treatment. Any information that you do provide will be kept confidential as required by law.
Thank you for your interest in one of our positions! Your application was submitted successfully.
Visit our newsroom for advice to ace your interview!