Comprehensive Salary and Relocation Package Offered
- Develop applications that operate on GIS and/or spatial data.
- Work with breeders and scientists to develop tools to enable our crops team to make decisions.
- Build APIs to make data, models and general system functionality accessible to data scientists for model development and analytics
- Partner with data scientists, plant breeders and agronomists to develop, scale and manage machine learning models and their pipelines.
- Develop and productionalize data pipelines or other custom applications that integrate with and extend our breeding, phenotyping, field trial analytics, and overall agronomic data platforms to process spatial and environmental data sets.
- Develop robust integrations with strategic third party tools, platforms and models.
- Contribute to design and roadmap for overall computational platform.
- Collaborate x-functionally with data scientists, agronomists, breeders, crop product managers, and software engineering team at large to continuously improve and scale our ability to generate, process, and analyze data and conduct cutting-edge research.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Experience with working with GIS/spatial datasets and interested in developing applications that are data-driven.
- Significant experience with professional software engineering, including automated testing, agile methodologies, pair programming, refactoring, relational databases, and microservices.
- Experience building computational pipelines for front-end products.
- Extensive experience extracting, modeling, and manipulating data: sql / nosql.
- Extensive experience with object oriented programming: Python, Go, Scala, or Java.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, x-functional environment and handle ambiguity gracefully.
- Experience with AWS tools, DevOps, infrastructure-as-code, containerization, and Kubernetes.
- Experience working with agricultural, remote sensing, weather, or other data which is spatial & temporal in nature; experience with crop modeling or environmental simulation.
- Experience with clustering algorithms, soil and weather data.
- Experience with simulation, predictive, machine learning models.
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Information (Completion is voluntary)
Individuals seeking employment at Hunter International are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.
Completion of the form is voluntary. Refusal to provide the requested information will not subject you to any adverse treatment. Any information that you do provide will be kept confidential as required by law.
Thank you for your interest in one of our positions! Your application was submitted successfully.
Visit our newsroom for advice to ace your interview!